1 July 2017

What I learn from.016 : What I learn from "The JVM as a platform for building smart contracts" by Ben Evans



"The JVM as a platform for building smart contracts" by Ben Evans

https://www.meetup.com/Londonjavacommunity/events/240079438/


I attended to meetup organized by London Java Community. It turns out to be interesting and bit confusing presentation but overall I found very useful.


Most interesting quote: "User is always the weakest part of the system".


What I learn from:

  1. Java was created for the job, not as academic research. Java is very pragmatic and conservative in change and that's one of the reasons why is so popular choice.
    • It is something that Brian Goetz (Java architect) mentioned too. I still believe that some stuff should be removed, but I can live with it. 
  2. I learn what strictfp is for and so now  Most CPU can do better precision. strictfp prevent from this happen.
  3. I heard basic about Cryptocurrency. 
      • I learn that a digital currency in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of units of currency and verify the transfer of funds. (Source: Wikipedia)

    Why it was a bit confusing? This due fact that talk suddenly switched from cryptocurrency into how to implement it in Java. However, to be fair, Ben asked people how familiar are they with this concept and majority were very familiar and actually I learn quite a bit about it, so I am very happy.

    FOLLOW AUTHOR:


    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/kittylyst/


    FOLLOW LONDON JAVA COMMUNITY


    MEETUP: https://www.meetup.com/Londonjavacommunity/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment